Mapping ESC in minibuffer normal mode to keyboard-quit and autoindent woes

Justin Zhu haoranjzhu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 23:35:32 CET 2011

I like to have ESC behave like C-g in normal mode in the minibuffer, I've
tried to no avail:

(vimpulse-map (kbd "ESC") 'keyboard-quit)
(define-key viper-minibuffer-map (kbd "ESC") 'keyboard-quit)

Another issue is vimpulse messing with comment indenting. I have RET bound
comment-indent-new-line so that in a comment, pressing enter inserts a
comment
prefix. However, with vimpulse on, it inserts an extra tab to the new line.
Eg.

Initially in insert mode, cursor at |

//|

RET