disabling global-hl-mode in visual-mode

Thomas Hisch t.hisch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:24:41 CEST 2011

Thx - works! This works only if global-hl-line-mode is not activated!

(setq hl-line-disabled-modes-list '(org-mode))

(defun thi-turn-hl-line-mode-on ()
  (interactive)
  (if (not (member major-mode hl-line-disabled-modes-list))
      (hl-line-mode 1)))

(defun thi-turn-hl-line-mode-off ()
  (interactive)
  (if (not (member major-mode hl-line-disabled-modes-list))
      (hl-line-mode -1)))

(add-hook 'vimpulse-visual-state-hook 'thi-turn-hl-line-mode-off)
(add-hook 'viper-vi-state-hook 'thi-turn-hl-line-mode-on)

regards
thomas

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Titus von der Malsburg <malsburg at gmail.com