"df" not deleting the searched charactor

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 12 22:28:27 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-12 00:59 +0200, York Zhao wrote:

> It turned out that it was because I re-binded the 'f' key to my
> function. But what my function did was simply a check on whether
> edebug was active, if edebug was not active, it simply called the
> old function.

Some Viper motions need to be called with a special argument in order
to work properly in Operator-Pending state. As your function called
`viper-find-char-forward' without this argument, it behaved
differently. Commit 3221608 tries to eliminate this trap by using
`defadvice' to generate the argument automatically.

I have also added some edebug compatibility bindings in commit 4bdc95f.
I usually run edebug in Emacs state or Insert state, but now it should
also work reasonably well in vi state.

--
Vegard