"df" not deleting the searched charactor

York Zhao gtdplatform at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 04:41:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

Just noticed a problem: the command "df[char]" is not deleting the searched
character [char] itself, making this command no difference to "dt[char]".
This is pretty annoying because if the searched char is not being deleted,
we can no longer use dot command to repeat the deleting operation. For
example, I have this string: "foo-bar bar-foo fooa-bara bara-fooa should be
deleted", I want to delete everything up to substring "should be deleted", I
could use "df<SPC>" followed by dot command to repeat the deletion which is
really handy. But now, since df<SPC> is not deleting the space itself, the
dot command will fail, you have to type another "df<SPC>", sad. Don't you
guys think this is worth fixing?

Thanks,

York