Evil Mode minor bugs

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 24 19:32:44 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-24 02:03 +0200, laputa5 wrote:

> After I did a 'git pull' today, I noticed most files/modes are
> opened with 'emacs' state by default, which wasn't the case
> before I pulled the updates. Is this intentional?

Yes, but it's not permanent. I intend to give most Emacs modes
vi bindings, but the more complex modes require some adaption.
In the meantime, Emacs state is used in a number of cases
to keep things minimally functional.

> I had to hack the function 'evil-initial-state-for-buffer'
> to open in 'normal' state by default. Is there an easier way?

The state a mode comes up in can be changed with
`evil-set-initial-state', e.g.,

    (evil-set-initial-state 'Custom-mode 'normal)

To view the default settings, inspect the following variables
(with "C-h v"): `evil-emacs-state-modes', `evil-insert-state-modes'
and `evil-motion-state-modes'. Modes not listed here come up
in Normal state.

> In the following case, doing a "va(" or "vi("  doesn't work.
>     (aaa "bb[]bb" aa)
> where [] is the cursor.

Fixed in commit 6e74963.

--