Why does :q kill my emacs?

Daniel Borba dborba at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:59:03 CET 2011

That is the expected behavior in Vim. What you describe would lead believe
that Vimpulse in its attempt to more closely emulate Vim causes it to behave
that way. To achieve what you want in Vim you'd use :bd :bdel :bdelete which
kills the current buffer - I would expect Vimpulse has that implemented
given the change in behavior you described.

dborba