[ANN] vim-mode 0.4 released

Frank Fischer frank.fischer at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Feb 8 12:32:54 CET 2011

This is an announcement of vim-mode 0.4. vim-mode is another
implementation of vi/vim-like key-bindings for Emacs. The mercurial
repository is available at

http://bitbucket.org/lyro/vim-mode

and the documentation at EmacsWiki

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/VimMode

This version contains many improvements in existing motions and commands
as well as new motions and commands and a new interactive
search/substitute.

Version 0.4 should contain most features I wanted to see vim-mode so we
are heading toward 1.0 release. The main task are therefore code
cleanup, bugfixing, implementation of missing commands and motions and
minor improvements, but the core code should remain unchanged.

Vim-mode is an package independent from viper or vimpulse and rewritten
from scratch. Nevertheless vimpulse should be considered to be more
feature-rich, more stable and more advanced, so I suggest to test
vimpulse first before trying vim-mode. The reason is on the one hand
the stable and well-tested viper-core of vimpulse, on the other hand
that vim-mode is mainly a one-man-project which means that only those
commands and motions that I use in my workflow are well-tested.

Best regards
Frank Fischer