evil-emacs-state-modes stopped working

José A. Romero L. escherdragon at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 14:42:20 CET 2011

Hello Evil People,

After doing a git pull today I found that for some (actually most) of
the major modes declared in evil-emacs-state-modes, new buffers come
out in normal state. I've managed to narrow down the cause to commit
3cb71223, file evil-core.el, line 93 -- in all problematic cases,
evil-state is set to normal (not sure why, though). Removing the
"unless evil-state" condition makes things work normally (or is it
emacsically?) again.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.
escherdragon at gmail.com
"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
(Quarry worker's creed)