Increment decrement number under cursor?

Michael Markert markert.michael at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:49:12 CEST 2011

On 17 Aug 2011, Frank Fischer wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 17. August 2011 schrieb Antono Vasiljev:
>> Hello all!
>>

>> First of all, thank you for great Evil!
>>
>> Is it hard to implement increment/decrement number at point?
>> C-a C-x in vim
>>
>> I'm emacs beginner but probably can implement it myself with
>> some mentoring from gurus :)
>
> Well, this is not really an evil issue.

While it's not an evil issue it's worth to provide an
implementation. It's an vim-emulation after all :)

Because I wanted to improve my own inc/dec function for a while I took
the afternoon and went for vim emulation. Except that it keeps the width
in binary (but that looks like a vim bug).

Behold:
https://gist.github.com/1161133

It's not exactly pretty and there's a function waiting to jump out but
according to my tests it works as its vim counterpart does.

So please test it and give me feedback :)

Michael