ediff-mode should be in emacs state

Michael Markert markert.michael at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 20 22:04:32 CEST 2011

On 20 Aug 2011, York Zhao wrote:
> I'm impressed that you seemed to know a bunch of emacs mode which is
> good and I think you must have been using emacs for a long time.

Well actually it's only roughly two years but as a student I see a lot
different things and _of course_ there's an emacs mode for it :)

> So among the modes you have suggested adding to emacs state so far,
> which one do you like the best or you think really useful?

There's so much great stuff but among the emacs state modes that would
be

- well obviously org-(agenda-)mode (and calfw a calendar view for it; cfw;calendar-mode)
- magit the first git frontend I found that actually adds value (and
  monky its mercurial counterpart -- not as complete but still better
  than the rest)
- ibuffer-mode; great buffer management
- gnus; mail in emacs has a lot of benefits
- and of course slime; it's just great

And if you look for great apps: Take a look at anything and
ace-jump-mode (find-char on steroids).

Michael