The dot Command not able to repeat text inserted by "Auto-complete"

Frank Fischer frank.fischer at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Aug 19 18:46:32 CEST 2011

Am Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:35:41 -0400
schrieb York Zhao <gtdplatform at gmail.com>:

> Ok, I've found new problems, here is the sequence to reproduce:
>
> 1. At the beginning of a empty line, I typed "i"
> 2. Type "aaa" and the line becomes "aaa"
> 3. "Esc"
> 4. "i"
> 5. "eee" and the line becomes "aaaeee"
> 6. "Esc"
> 7. Type "." and the line becomes "aaaeeeeee"
> 8. Type "C-." and the becomes "aaaeeeaaa" while it should be
> "aaaeeeeeeaaa"

No, it should be aaaeeeaaa. C-. is bound to `evil-pop-repeat' and it
replaces the just repeated command with the previously recorded one.
This is similar to Emacs' kill ring, where you can use C-y to paste
some yanked text and M-y the replace this text with previously yanked
text rotating the kill-ring. Evil arranges recorded commands similarly
in a "repeat-ring" and C-. cycles through that ring when used
immediately after a ".", hence the behavior you describe is by
intention. In order to get "aaaeeeeeeaaa" use . two times followed by a
C-.