evil inside

Timothy Harper timcharper at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 23:02:02 CEST 2011

On Aug 13, 2011, at 2:57 PM, Timothy Harper wrote:

> Heh, makes 3 of us. Vegard secretly ported it a few weeks before I started (he did an amazing job!). I took his changes and made a few adjustments.
>
> You can find it all here:
>
> https://github.com/timcharper/evil-surround/
>
> Everything works, as far as I can tell.
>
> Tim

Some highlights that I really like about Vegard's design (the man is an emacs genius):

* It now takes advantage of evil's ability to generate an overlay that contains the surrounding marks, and one inside. Deleting surrounding bracket-things is a matter of deleting the subtraction of the two.
* It no longer requires custom redefinition of text objects.
* It no longer relies on hacks.  It's a very proper mode.

Tim