Fails to byte compile in latest commit

Frank Fischer frank.fischer at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Aug 10 20:12:41 CEST 2011

Am Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:12:22 -0400
schrieb York Zhao <gtdplatform at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I just pulled the latest version of evil and noticed some errors and
> lots of warnings when I did "make" to byte compile. I then checked
> the time stamp of the .elc files and noticed that some of the some
> files haven't been byte compiled.

The problem was that the dependencies between the single source files
had not been tracked. This is no problem if "make compile" compiles all
sources files each time it is invoked. But the new Makefile compiles
only those files that have changed. Commit 6f2e622 should
automatically detect those dependencies.