dollar does not go to the end of the line? (or cursor issue in normal mode)

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Apr 26 17:25:52 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm trying vimpulse and I'm liking it a lot. I have found a small bothering thing, though: when I hit '$', I only get to the character before the last one (in the sense that I can hit the right arrow key, and be at the end of the line).

I suspect this is because the cursor is not a block when in normal mode (as in vi), but the fact that I can right-arrow is still strange.

Is it possible to have a block cursor in normal mode, and a "pipe" cursor in insert mode?

Thanks a lot,

Alan

PS: I'm not subscribed (yet) to the list; could you please CC me in replies.