BUG - Unable to disable vim mode in INFO mode

York Zhao gtdplatform at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 05:44:25 CEST 2011

Hi Vegard,

Thanks for your reply, the version of vimpulse I'm using was just pulled
from git using git clone "git://gitorious.org/vimpulse/vimpulse.git". My
emacs version is v23.3.

The "vimpulse-want-vi-keys-in-Info" variable works. Thanks a lot.

I just noticed another issue, the '+' for next line doesn't seem to be
working correctly, it always goes to the previous line, the same as '-'.

Have a nice weekend,

York

On 2011-04-01 21:59 +0100, York Zhao wrote:

> But, most importantly, in INFO mode, pressing C-z should be able to
> turn off the vim mode and this doesn't work.

I'm unable to reproduce this. What version are you using?

> This has made me unable to navigate in INFO mode, e.g., when I press
> 'l', I want to go back to the previous page but 'l' is still being
> handled by vim mode which moves the cursor to right, keep in mind
> that this is so even when in 'E' mode.

Vimpulse defines the `vimpulse-want-vi-keys-in-Info' variable,
which you can set to nil before loading it:

   (setq vimpulse-want-vi-keys-in-Info nil)
   (require 'vimpulse)

That will permanently disable vi keys in Info.

--
Vegard