BUG - Unable to disable vim mode in INFO mode

York Zhao gtdplatform at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 21:59:08 CEST 2011

Hi there,

First of all, I just started using VI in emacs and found the vimpulse to be
fantastic, thanks everybody who has contributed to this wonderful tool. I
believe combining emacs and vim is the king.

However, I'm having huge difficulty with INFO mode now. I don't think vim
mode should be in effect at all while in INFO mode because INFO mode is not
supposed to be editable. But, most importantly, in INFO mode, pressing C-z
should be able to turn off the vim mode and this doesn't work. This has made
me unable to navigate in INFO mode, e.g., when I press 'l', I want to go
back to the previous page but 'l' is still being handled by vim mode which
moves the cursor to right, keep in mind that this is so even when in 'E'
mode.

Thanks,

York