[implementations-list] [Vimpulse] Bug: C-h does viper-backward-char in dired (and probably other modes too)

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Sun May 30 12:00:01 CEST 2010

> From: laynor at gmail.com
> Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 00:05:06 +0100

I'm sorry, I'm unable to replicate this. But see below for clues.

> I think it's preferable leaving C-h alone, for help's sake.

I agree, and that's what I set up in lines 434-435 in
vimpulse-dependencies.el:

    ;; Not in Vim: C-h is indispensable in Emacs
    (vimpulse-setq viper-want-ctl-h-help t)

The function which adds the vi bindings, `vimpulse-add-vi-bindings'
in vimpulse-utils.el, filters out any bindings to C-h if
`viper-want-ctl-h-help' is t.

So C-h /should not/ be remapped unless you explicitly set
`viper-want-ctl-h-help' to nil somewhere in .emacs or .viper.
What is its value (C-h v viper-want-ctl-h-help)?

Vegard