[implementations-list] [OT] Language logic and syntax

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 14:21:39 CEST 2010

> Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:20:42 +0200
> From: stepnem at gmail.com
>
> The very example of the error you made shows how unhelpful going
> against one's thinking while writing in a language is.

Granted. I guess I started doing it this way when converting a bunch of
`case' forms to `cond' forms (since `case' is not available in plain
Elisp), e.g.,

    (case variable          (cond
      ('foo                  ((eq 'foo variable)
       (wibble))              (wibble))
      ('bar           =>     ((eq 'bar variable)
       (wobble))              (wobble))
      (t                     (t
       (flob)))               (flob)))

The repeated "variable" is just line noise in this example, hence I
put it last.

Apparently, "Yoda conditions" are rather unpopular in infix languages.
Maybe they should be avoided in prefix languages as well.

Vegard