Binding [tab] and C-i in viper-vi-basic-map

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 11 15:50:49 CEST 2010

On 2010-07-10 10:57, Štěpán Němec wrote:

> While I understand what the change was supposed to do, I don't
> really understand *why* you did it. Vegard? Does it solve any
> problems or bring any actual advantages?

I added it on the basis on an e-mail I received about C-i conflicting
with the use of <tab> as a completion key. (This is quite popular,
judging by http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/TabCompletion and the storm
of blog posts retrieved by Google.)

However, binding C-i in vi state shouldn't affect the binding of <tab>
in Insert state -- it would only be a problem if you for some reason
complete words in vi state. Evidently, some people do, as I did
receive a confirmation that my change fixed the problem.

--
Vegard