[vimpulse] Bug: TAB doesn't autocomplete in minibuffer.

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 3 11:24:33 CEST 2010

On 2010-07-02 17:57, Štěpán Němec wrote:

> In any case, we should IMO most definitely NOT mess with global map
> at all.

Agreed. I redid the solution right after I posted it to the mailing
list. Commit [4dfbed1130] reads:

    ;; Keep <tab> separate from C-i by making an explicit binding for <tab>.
    (define-key viper-vi-basic-map [tab] (or (key-binding [tab])
                                             (key-binding "\C-i")))
    (define-key viper-vi-basic-map "\C-i" 'vimpulse-jump-forward)

The global map is not changed -- the global binding is merely copied
into the vi state map, to make a Tab key-specific binding. The
distinction is thus limited to that map.

--
Vegard