[implementations-list] viper-in-more-modes still needs a maintainer: does anyone volunteer?

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 01:29:57 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Vegard Øye <vegard_oye at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> From: jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
>> Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:29:41 -0500
>>
>> viper-in-more-modes has no maintainer. Would someone please take over
>> maintainership?
>
> I volunteer.

Thank you.  As the old maintainer, I accept your volunteership.
You're now the new maintainer.  When you make your first commit,
please make sure to mention in the header that you're the new
maintainer.  :)

There's only one uncommitted patch.  It's at least a year old.  I
forwarded it to implementations-list a month or two ago; IIRC it's
from someone named Alexander with a Russian-sounding surname.  I
decided to wait until he agrees to possible future copyright
assignment before merging it.  I recommend you continue to wait.  Or
you can merge it now.  But if we can't contact Alexander at
upstreaming time, then we'll have to remove his work from Emacs.  So
maybe it's better to try now to find a working way to contact him, and
maybe to warn that you don't plan to merge his work unless he provides
alternate contact info for possible future upstreaming.

viper-in-more-modes is separate from Vimpulse.  Neither one requires
that the other be installed on the user's hard drive.  One is stored
on EmacsWiki only; one is stored on Assembla and EmacsWiki.

But they both should share implementations-list.

When you make a new viper-in-more-modes release, you might want to
send an announcement email to the list.  Actually, if you make a new
Vimpulse release, you might want to send an email to the list too.

Cheers,
-Jason