[implementations-list] What should the Vimpulse quick-start guide talk about?

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:59:43 CET 2010

Vegard and I were talking at
http://my-trac.assembla.com/vimpulse/ticket/23 but we need more input
so I am moving the conversation to this list.

== Ticket 23 input by Jason ==

In http://lists.ourproject.org/pipermail/implementations-list/2009-December/000180.html
Vegard said what documentation it would be useful for Vimpulse to
have. One thing he said would be good is a quick-start guide,
including things like "(require 'vimpulse) and some Emacs pointers".
Let's make such a guide.

[But] does the Installation wiki page[1] count as a good-enough
quick-start guide? If so, let's close this ticket.

== Input by Vegard ==

I feel it's a bit draft-like still, but it's definitely a good start.

Besides installation, the quick guide should deal with immediate
sources of confusion: things which may be unfamiliar to the newbie,
especially if he's used to Vim. A list of pointers should clear this
up ("if you want to do this, go here, if that, go there"). This, of
course, begs the question: what is confusing to a newbie?

Links to Emacs introductions may also be valuable, but ideally, I'd
like Vimpulse to be useable without too much Emacs knowledge.

== Dear mailing list ==

Dear mailing list, what do you think?  I would prefer if, in this
case, you would reply here, and would not add any more comments to the
Trac ticket.