vimpulse bug: visual-line does not select final newline

Craig Tenney tenneycr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 13:44:01 CEST 2010

> null

This is an expansion of my previous bug report. Results from further
experimentation are provided below. Aside from adding to 'load-path, at most the
only lines in my emacs.d/init.el file were:

(require 'vimpulse)
(require 'vimpulse-surround)

> For example, starting with:
>
> one
> two
> three
>
> and the cursor on line 'two', pressing 'Vd' results in:
>
> one
>
> three
>
> rather than the expected:
>
> one
> three

This problem appears to be caused by vimpulse-surround rather than vimpulse.
Perhaps something gets broken in connection with vimpulse-surround's
'vimpulse-delete-surround-or-delete' function.

Even without loading vimpulse-surround, however, selecting a line with '0v$'
still results in non-vim-like behavior, but I suppose this could be considered a
'feature'.

> Similarly, pressing 'Vyp' results in:
>
> one
> ttwowo
> three
>
> rather than:
>
> one
> two
> two
> three

This problem remains even without vimpulse-surround.

-Craig