[implementations-list] Why can't I byte-compile (all of) Vimpulse?

José A. Romero L. escherdragon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 10:03:00 CEST 2010

2010/4/27 Vegard Øye <vegard_oye at hotmail.com>:

>> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:16:43 +0200
>> From: stepnem at gmail.com
>>
>>> Do you guys byte-compile Vimpulse at all?
>>
>> Haha, obviously nobody does...
>
> I don't, since I code on it.
>
> Anyway, this is a serious defect. José, thanks for bringing it to my
> attention. Please grab the latest commit, [db43aaed4e], and try to
> compile as a single file. Multiple files should work too, provided
> Vimpulse is already loaded.
(...)

Great. I have just pulled the latest revision, built vimpulse‐big.el,
compiled it (with only one minor warning), modified my load path  and
restarted  emacs. So far Vimpulse seems to be working OK. I will keep
you informed if I notice anything weird in the next few days. Thanks.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.
escherdragon at gmail.com
"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
(Quarry worker's creed)