[implementations-list] buggy behaviour with Transient Mark Mode disabled

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 17:14:24 CEST 2010

> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 23:06:32 +0200
> From: stepnem at gmail.com
>
>> It's this distinction which makes Transient Mark mode valuable,
>> although it is a PITA to get the frequent enabling/disabling to work
>> smoothly.
>
> Hm. I assume you know about the possibility to set `transient-mark-mode'
> to `lambda' or `(only . OLDVAL)' and it does not help the problem?

No, because disabling Transient Mark mode must be handled by Vimpulse.

Actually, the problem was pretty much solved already by Visual mode.
Operator-Pending mode failed only because I'd forgotten to add an
important nugget of code to the general function for enabling
Transient Mark mode "safely". Now, `mark-active' is set to nil
whenever Vimpulse enables Transient Mark mode, which leaves Vimpulse
(or a selection command) free to activate the region subsequently. :)

Vegard