[implementations-list] The "{Saved, Deleted} N characters" messages gone with `yy'/`dd'

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 21:20:00 CEST 2010

> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:09:46 +0200
> From: stepnem at gmail.com
> Subject: [implementations-list] The "{Saved, Deleted} N characters"
> messages gone with `yy'/`dd'
>
> That's another minor annoyance I noticed. I'm pretty sure it used to
> work and I find the messages very useful.

This is intentional. Viper doesn't show the messages when the operator
is applied to itself, and Vimpulse's operators are modeled on Viper's.
Actually, this is something of a grey area since the messages do not
occur in Vim.

Then again, since it's clearly useful, I could add a customization
option for enabling messages everywhere.

Vegard