[implementations-list] Broken selection in latest Vimpulse (r199)?

Štěpán Němec stepnem at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 14:21:32 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 09:59:45AM +0000, Vegard Øye wrote:
> This must be caused by old `vimpulse-map' bindings like
>
>     (vimpulse-map "dae" 'vimpulse-delete-a-sexp)

Oh! I didn't think about that... Thanks!

> Now that you have checked out the latest revision, there's no more
> need for that, thanks to the new Operator-Pending mode. As in Vim,
> it provides a separate keymap for when c, d, y etc. are "pending",
> which makes it very easy to add new text objects. Operator commands
> can be combined with Emacs movement, e.g., both d C-M-f and d M-h
> work. Furthermore, it's quite straightforward to define one's own
> operator commands: just include a special `interactive' form. See
> vimpulse-operator.el for more details.

Yeah, I noticed this (very cool) enhancement.
Thank you very much for all the commentary, too.

(Btw, I haven't really looked thoroughly at the implementation, but
while applying the changes, all those `(defun
vimpulse-{a,inner}-{w,W}ord ...)' immediately stroke my eye -- doesn't
this just cry for some kind of macro that would define all such things
for you or at least avoid some of the boilerplate?)

> There are still some things which needs to be ironed out, but I'd say
> we are about 80% on the way to Vimpulse 0.3.2 in terms of work.

Yeah. Actually I think you could (should) rather have released 0.3.1 as
0.4, at least, or even 1.0. The amount of work (and improvements) done
to the package seems to call for a major version bump.

Best wishes,

  Štěpán