[implementations-list] issue with viper-escape-to-emacs

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:25:39 CEST 2010

> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:04:07 +0200
> From: f.braennstroem at gmx.de
>
>>> (define-key viper-vi-global-user-map (kbd "\\\\") 'viper-escape-to-emacs)
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, this does not work anymore, as using M(Esc) for the
>>> next command cancels this escape and inserts the second of the
>>> backslash into the buffer...
>>
>> I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this. What M-x functions do you
>> need Emacs state for? And why do you rebind `viper-escape-to-emacs'
>> from \ to \\? Please provide more details. :)
>
> I need it for functions like to include entries in the bibtex-file
> and e.g. replacing strings in a file. I rebind it, as I have some
> other keybindings to \t, \e , \] and \,

Right. What are the precise keystrokes (M-x view-lossage)? What does
your .emacs file look like (position of the line above)? What version
of Emacs are you using? I can't help you before I observe the same
behavior in my own editor.

By the way, Emacs' M-% (`query-replace') and M-x replace-regexp both
work fine in vi state for me. Am I missing something?

Vegard