[implementations-list] Vimpulse: vi* and va* object selection implementation proposal

José A. Romero L. escherdragon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 11:55:34 CET 2009

Hello Vim fans,

This is about the Vimpulse vim emulation for emacs.

I've  made  some  modifications  to  Vimpulse  in order to add visual
selection of text objects (vi* and va*)  and  a  few  other  details,
namely  selection  widening  (e.g.  try  doing "va(" on some sexp and
pressing "_" one or more times) and setting and activating the  emacs
mark when entering visual mode. Besides, I noticed that version 0.3.0
of Vimpulse contains three versions of  the  vimpulse-visual-replace-
region function. I fixed that too.

@Jason  S, Alessandro P.: Would you have a look at it and let me know
what you think? I'm sending in attachment the patch, as  well  as  an
already patched version of Vimpulse 0.3.0.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.
escherdragon at gmail.com
"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
(Quarry worker's creed)