[implementations-list] Alessandro, I think we should get people to agree to assign copyright. Do you?

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 20:13:37 CEST 2009

cc added:  Frank Fischer

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Alessandro Piras <laynor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Totally ok for me :)
> how's the situtation of the current code? has every coder agreed ?

I've never asked anybody except you and Brad; you both agreed.  I agree too.

>From the changelog, it looks like the only other people who actually
contributed code (not just ideas) are:

Samuel Padgett (IIRC I copied only non-copyright-significant
keybindings, and less than 15 lines of them, from his Usenet post, and
rewrote the other functions without looking at his implementation
code) <samuel.padgett at gmail.com>,
Mieszko who sent a patch that touched less than 15 LOC (lines of code)
<sillyfox at yahoo.com>,
cppjavaperl <cppjavaperl at yahoo.com> who seems to have touched less
than 15 lines of current code,
Ryoichi Kanetaka who touched less than 15 LOC <ryoichi.kanetaka at gmail.com>,
Weihua JIANG who touched less than 15 LOC <weihua.jiang at gmail.com>,
and Frank Fischer who has added way more than 15 LOC <frank.fischer at
s2001.tu-chemnitz.de>

So we only need agreement from Frank.

Frank, do you know why copyright assignment is important?  If Vimpulse
gets into Emacs, do you agree that you will assign your copyright to
the FSF?  I think this means that they will mail you a form, and you
will have to read, agree, sign, and mail it back to them.  Frank, when
you reply to me, please click "Reply to All".

Cheers,
-Jason