[implementations-list] Re: vimpulse - visual select with emacs -nw

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:16:51 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 7:41 PM, John MacFarlane<jgm at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> +++ Alessandro Piras [Jul 29 09 22:25 ]:
>> Yeah, Jason is right I think. Didn't check because I'm too lazy to reboot now.
>> I never tried to export EXDELAY, but I got rid of my ESC problems with
>> this piece of elisp in my .emacs:
>>
>> (when tty-erase-char
>>   (set-input-mode t nil t)
>>   (setq viper-no-multiple-ESC t))
>> This should get rid of the stupid ALT=ESC problem that bugs everyone
>> that uses viper in terminals, but I've no idea at all if it works in
>> gnome terminal. It works for me in konsole, konsole+screen and xterm
>> too iirc. Try it and let me know :)
>
> Sorry, that didn't work for me either.

Sorry, I don't know how to fix the problem.  I don't know why ESCDELAY
didn't work; the most likely explanation is that Emacs doesn't use
ncurses.  You can try waiting a while
to see if someone else on this list replies.  Or you can try the
help-gnu-emacs list (if you do, then please crosspost to this list.)
Or you can switch to running Emacs in your windowing system instead of
a terminal.

Either way, let us know what you decide to do in the end -- I am curious.