[implementations-list] Re: vimpulse - visual select with emacs -nw

John MacFarlane jgm at berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 29 17:34:12 CEST 2009

I'm using the latest version from the wiki, with a recent emacs-snapshot
(emacs 23 from CVS via http://emacs.orebokech.com/) and gnome-terminal.
(But I tried just it with xterm as well, with the same results.) I'm not
sure what "the multi file setup" refers to, but I'm not doing anything
special in my .emacs: just

(setq viper-mode t)                ; enable Viper at load time
(setq viper-ex-style-editing nil)  ; can backspace past start of insert / line
(require 'viper)                   ; load Viper
(setq vimpulse-experimental nil)   ; don't load bleeding edge code (see 6. installation instruction)
(require 'vimpulse)                ; load Vimpulse
(setq woman-use-own-frame nil)     ; don't create new frame for manpages
(setq woman-use-topic-at-point t)  ; don't prompt upon K key (manpage display)

(require 'redo)       ; enables C-r (redo key)
(require 'rect-mark)  ; enables nice-looking block visual mode

Best,
John

+++ Alessandro Piras [Jul 29 09 17:00 ]: