[implementations-list] Visual region (was: vimpulse)

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 01:50:25 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Alessandro Piras <laynor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason :)
> Didn't you already talk with Michael Kifer times ago? I remember he said
> something like not being interested in vim keybindings, but maybe I remember
> wrong.

Yes, I spoke with him.  I was discussing vimpact, which was the
precursor to vimpulse.  He said[1] that eventually maybe things could
be merged in.

> I tried to follow the 'y,'z path, and still I had to redefine yet another
> viper function. It works like vim, except that instead of '< and '> it uses
> 'y and 'z. I'm feeling like entering kludge-world, and this is not a good
> thing. Recognizing '< and '> would mean injecting even more kludges, and
> directly modifying viper to be more vimpulse-friendly would mean:
> a) injecting ugly kludges to make viper aware of my code (that's what has
> been done redefining viper's functions btw)
> b) refactoring viper to be more easily extended, and to be sure that the
> refactoring doesn't break anything a better viper knowledge than mine is
> needed I think.

Maybe Michael could help.  I think you should CC him on all emails
where you think he could be a big help; or you should forward him
those emails.  Like this one.  :)

^  [1].  http://snipurl.com/kiferreply (points to an archived copy of
his reply on Nabble)