[implementations-list] Re: What to do so Vimpulse (Vim emulation plugin) can get into Emacs?

Michael Kifer kifer at cs.sunysb.edu
Mon Feb 2 00:20:33 CET 2009

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:58:55 -0500
Chong Yidong <cyd at stupidchicken.com> wrote:

> "Jason A. Spiro" <jasonspiro4 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am the currently-inactive maintainer of Vimpulse[1], which builds on
> > top of viper-mode to emulate Vim features too, not just vi features.
> >
> > What needs to be done so Vimpulse can get included as part of Emacs?
>
> Michael, have you tried Vimpulse?  What is your opinion of this package?

No, never tried.
I never used vim (except for quick vi editing when emacs is not there), so don't
know what I am missing :-)

If vimpulse can be made into a viper add-on then it would be great.
If it has to be a completely separate branch from viper,
it is also fine. In both cases, it would need a maintainer.

michael