[PeDAGoG] Meet the 2023 Municipalism Cohort Fellows

Yvonne Yen Liu yvonne at solidarityresearch.org
Fri Sep 15 18:34:24 CEST 2023

CORRECTION: We will share links to recordings to the lectures at least one week after each session. The recordings will be password-protected and intended only for fellows and their colleagues in their organizing projects. My apologies for the mistake, this is my brain when I write emails at 1:00 AM. 🤪

Please share far and wide!

Meet the 2023 Municipalism Cohort Fellows

We the Municipalism Learning Series (a project of Solidarity Research Center) are extremely excited about our inaugural Municipalism Cohort Fellows <https://municipalism.org/offerings/cohort-fellowship/>. We accepted 26 participants, representing a number of local organizing initiatives from around the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, including the Lucy Parsons Labs in Chicago, La Liga de Ciudades de Puerto Rico, Common Ground Collective in Baltimore, Paterson People's Assembly in New Jersey, and Aetna Street Solidarity in Los Angeles. Some of our participants organize workers, others the unhoused, and others the area along the US-Mexico border. All seek to build democratic power at the municipal level.

The fellowship starts this Saturday, 9/16 and runs for 12 weeks until 12/2. We will be sharing recorded lectures from our sessions for fellows and their colleagues only. Topics for our sessions include decoding municipalism, mapping local power, base building, popular assemblies, and building a strategy plan. We will be joined by guest speakers including the Black Nashville Assembly and Kali Akuno, Cooperation Jackson.

Read more at https://municipalism.org/2023/09/14/meet-the-2023-municipalism-cohort-fellows/

Yvonne Yen Liu (she/her)
Solidarity Research Center <http://solidarityresearch.org/>
yvonne at solidarityresearch.org
323 539 7654
646 321 5710

We build solidarity economy ecosystems using data science, story-based strategy, and action research.

Follow us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/solidarityresearch/>, Twitter <https://twitter.com/researchjustice>, Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/solidarityresearch/>