[PeDAGoG] A clash of worldviews | Meer

Ashish Kothari ashishkothari at riseup.net
Sat Nov 19 10:27:56 CET 2022

Friends, this article, based on the recently concuded 'Indigenous and
Community Worldviews Vikalp Sangam' (Alternatives Confluence) in
southern India, may be of interest. The gathering involved members of
several Adivasi (Indigenous)/pastoral/farmer/Dalit groups from various
parts of India, and discussions included themes like governance,
ecology, inter-generational learning, faiths/spiritual traditions,
story-telling, forest/ecosystem rights, etc. Given the continued failure
of nation-states in resolving the most pressing problems we face,
including climate/ecological collapse, inequality and exploitation, war
and conflict, the urgency of listening to worldviews of such peoples is
greater than ever.

https://www.meer.com/en/71355-a-clash-of-worldviews

Comments are welcome, pl. mail me *directly and not on the lists,*
unless you want to initiate a conversation on one of these lists.

apologies for cross-posting if any

ashish

--
 Ashish Kothari

New, for post-COVID dignified livelihoods in India! Vikalp Sutra
<https://sutra.vikalpsangam.org/>

FREE DOWNLOAD! Pluriverse: A Post-Development Dictionary
<https://radicalecologicaldemocracy.org/pluriverse>

Ashish Kothari

Kalpavriksh

Apt 5 Shree Datta Krupa