[PeDAGoG] Nation-states are destroying the world. Could 'bioregions' be the answer?

Craig Kauffman cmkauffman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:59:35 CET 2022

Dear Shrishtee,

Thanks so much for sharing this excellent article. Congratulations to you
and your co-authors! With courts beginning to recognize biocultural rights,
it is certainly time to begin pressuring for a radical restructuring of
political boundaries along these lines. I will definitely assign this
article to my students and am sure it will provoke thoughtful discussion.

Best
Craig

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 9:55 PM Shrishtee Bajpai <shrishteebajpai at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> This latest article arguing for re-imagining governance and organizing
> societies from a bioregional perspective gathering experiences from South
> Asia and Latin America might be of interest. Authors are copied in cc.
>

> https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/oureconomy/nation-states-are-destroying-the-world-could-bioregions-be-the-answer/?utm_source=tw
>
> --
> Shrishtee Bajpai
> Kalpavriksh <http://kalpavriksh.org> / Vikalp Sangam
> <http://www.vikalpsangam.org>/ Global Tapestry of Alternatives
> <http://www.globaltapestryofalternatives.org>/Rights of Rivers South Asia
> Alliance  <https://rorsa.org/>/ Global Alliance for the Rights of Nature
> <https://www.therightsofnature.org/>
>
> Twitter  <https://twitter.com/shrishtee?s=03>   LinkedIn
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/shrishtee-bajpai-18055390/>  Writings
> <https://linktr.ee/shrishteebajpai>  Flickr
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/194276902@N08/?>
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rights-of-rivers-south-asia/CAE3vkFBJmtoU1B4MF%3DobJfdF0uOw4a-fwQ-fbE63dTC5CMvoRQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rights-of-rivers-south-asia/CAE3vkFBJmtoU1B4MF%3DobJfdF0uOw4a-fwQ-fbE63dTC5CMvoRQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Craig M. Kauffman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies
Political Science Department
University of Oregon
Member, United Nations Expert Network on Harmony with Nature

*Recent Publications*:

Craig Kauffman and Pamela Martin, The Politics of Rights of
Nature: Strategies for Building a More Sustainable Future
<https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/politics-rights-nature> (MIT Press, 2021).

Craig Kauffman, "Rights of Nature: Institutions, Law, and Policy for
Sustainable Development,"
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/353352584_Rights_of_Nature_Institutions_Law_and_Policy_for_Sustainable_Development_of_a_single_chapter_of_a_title_in_Oxford_Handbooks_Online_for_personal_use_for_details_see_Privacy_Policy_and_Legal_Notice_Righ>
in
The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Environmental Politics. Sowers,
VanDeveer, and Weinthal, eds. Oxford University Press, 2021.

Craig Kauffman. “Managing People for the Benefit of the Land: Practicing
Earth Jurisprudence in Te Urewera, New Zealand
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/345321615_Managing_People_for_the_Benefit_of_the_Land_Practicing_Earth_Jurisprudence_in_Te_Urewera_New_Zealand>
.” *ISLE: Interdisciplinary Studies in Literature and Environment*, Vol.
27, No. 3, 2020, p. 578-595.