[PeDAGoG] Annual Calendar for Webinars amongst PeDAGoG members

Pallavi Varma Patil pallavi.vp at apu.edu.in
Tue Mar 8 05:58:27 CET 2022

Deal All:

Thank you very much for filling up the profile pages. The Member page sheet
looks fantastic. 110 members and diverse and incredible work that gives
such a hopeful glimpse of counter currents in Education and Activism
worldwide!

As discussed in the previous meetings, we are hoping to organize a few
online seminars in which group members volunteer to present their work. The
work can be related to a *course, a pedagogical method, a research project
(ongoing or one that is being conceptualized), or a working research paper.*

The goal is to kickstart some activity from which all of us can learn. Our
working group member, Mohan, has cleverly created a new sheet called
'Seminar_signup' in the same PeDAGoG member list link. It helps to not only
see the webinars in one go but also cross check the profile of the
speakers. And so in that new sheet you can choose a time slot for any month
of 2022, beginning April.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sY1zrrRvYYh0l-6qCmRjQJwKun4BJMOH7jRJ7XK2huI/edit#gid=1612978896

Sujit and I, for example , are offering the first such webinar on our
Living Utopias Initiative on April 1st,2022.  (An easy to remember date!;)
Friends from another network called The EDUCERE Alliance (
https://www.educerealliance.org/) will also join in for this webinar.  We
will soon be sending a poster out with the webinar link with the help of
Ashish's team  and Upamanyu.

There can be one more slot in April too if there is readiness to present.
Otherwise we can offer a monthly webinar series. The other working group
member, Irene,  stressed on the importance of having an annual calendar
upfront of PeDaGoG webinars/events amongst us and announcing the events
early. As this will help us all block our calendars in advance. Our request
is to (as much as possible) choose the time that works for most time zones.
We are hoping to have anywhere between 4 and 6 seminars a year, to begin
with.

We look forward to your support. Please write to us if you have any
questions/suggestions.

Working Group II members

Mohan, Irene, and Pallavi

--