[PeDAGoG] Fwd: [vikalp-sangam-list] <Invite>Re-imagining Education Workshop with Manish Jain At Swaraj University, Tapovan Ashram, Udaipur. June 26th to 30th, 2022

Ashish Kothari ashishkothari at riseup.net
Sat Jun 11 06:33:22 CEST 2022

This may be of interest,

ashish

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[vikalp-sangam-list] <Invite>Re-imagining Education Workshop
with Manish Jain At Swaraj University, Tapovan Ashram, Udaipur. June
26th to 30th, 2022
Date: 	Sat, 11 Jun 2022 09:00:00 +0530
From: 	Harsh Wardhan <harshw2409 at gmail.com>
To: 	Indian Multiversities Alliance
<indian-multiversities-alliance at googlegroups.com>, Emperor Has No
Clothes: HES Fellowship <hackschooling_shikshantar at googlegroups.com>,
vimukt-shiksha-sahayatri at googlegroups.com, hrutcollage at googlegroups.com,
dev-creative at googlegroups.com, 2069-the-youth-fest at googlegroups.com,
cognitive-importance-of-drawing at googlegroups.com,
jaipurmerashehar at googlegroups.com, vikalp-sangam-list at googlegroups.com,
youthvikalpsangam at googlegroups.com, su-khoji-mails at googlegroups.com,
ecoversitiesfriendsasia at googlegroups.com,
friends-of-swaraj-university at googlegroups.com, IAL at groups.io,
Ecoversities Friends <ecoversitiesfriends at googlegroups.com>

“If we want to truly re-imagine education, we will have to re-imagine
ourselves and the lives we are living...”

As their legacies, operations and assumptions become more available for
scrutiny, traditional schools are becoming less meaningful and more
problematic. The idea that children are meant to be enclosed in
buildings, removed from their immediate contexts, policed and
pressurised to rise to imposed standards, branded and certified, and
then released into a world that awaits them, is disconcerting – to put
it mildly. In short, we need to listen to our children again – and, in
the same gesture, find our way home. We have new response-abilities: to
co-produce learning sites where our children can be free to do their
work with the world, and to invite new ways of un/learning together that
privileges play, community, ‘slow’ rituals, and earth-honouring practices.

But what does that look like? What about conventional education seems
problematic? What haunts schooling in India and in most so-called ‘third
world’ nations? Can the education system be reformed or does it have to
be dismantled? How are we being enabled to counteract the colonial
legacies of schooling, and what forms do these ethical responses assume
in the specifics of our localities? What kind of radical educational
practices and experiments are happening and possible now? What are the
possibilities and shadows we need to explore in ‘unschooling’ practices?
How can you start re-imagining education in your community? And much,
much more.

In this workshop, leading social and educational visionary Manish Jain
will host unlearning conversations and exercises around reimagining
education, experimenting with possibilities for alternatives, and
learning to meet our children – whose magic and work we desperately need
today.

This workshop is primarily for those people who are working in education
or want to build alternative learning centres or community spaces

This workshop will be also very useful for those trying to build new
learning spaces in their own families, communities, schools and
alternative education spaces.

Register Now- https://forms.gle/LuMNAicTjXB7y65f9
<https://forms.gle/LuMNAicTjXB7y65f9>

Last date to register is 20th June, 2022.

About the Facilitators:

Manish Jain<manish at swaraj.org> is deeply committed to regenerating our
diverse knowledge systems and cultural imaginations. He is one of the
leading global voices for the unschooling movement. He has served for
the past 24 years as Coordinator/Co-Founder of Shikshantar: The Peoples’
Institute for Rethinking Education and Development and as co-founder of
Swaraj University, Creativity Adda, Learning Societies Unconference,
Swapathgami Walkouts-Walkon network, and the Ecoversities Network. He
has edited several books on Vimukt Shiksha (liberating learning). Prior
to Shikshantar, Manish worked as one of the principal team members of
the UNESCO Learning Without Frontiers global initiative. Manish worked
as an investment banker with Morgan Stanley in the belly of the beast.
He has been trying to unlearn his Master's degree in Education from
Harvard University and a B.A. in Economics, International Development
and Political Philosophy from Brown University. He and his wife Vidhi
have been unschooling themselves with their 20 year old daughter, Kanku,
in Udaipur, Rajasthan.

www.shikshantar.org <http://www.shikshantar.org/>

www.swarajuniversity.org <http://www.swarajuniversity.org/>

www.ecoversities.org <http://www.ecoversities.org>

Contribution:

Like many places across India and around the world, Swaraj University is
experimenting with rethinking our lifestyle and our relationship with
ourselves, our work, our resources, and our communities. We are
questioning, challenging and experimenting with our set notions of
money. So, we welcome you to join our experiment and explore your
relationship with money.

By participating in such workshops you are, in a non-monetary way ,
supporting and encouraging such learning spaces to thrive and stay
alive. You are, in a beautiful way, taking forward the larger movement
of reclaiming our learning.

However, it is important we all contribute and take care of the needs of
the place and meet the actual expenses for hosting such a workshop.

The suggested contribution for this workshop is 9500/-. By contributing
this amount (or more), you would also partly be helping those who find
it hard to access these spaces due to financial constraints. Money
should not be a barrier to your attending. Please ask for a partial
scholarship if you need it.

Please feel free to forward this invite to your friends, family,
networks that you are part of and people you feel would love to be part
of such a workshop.

Please call Harsh at +91 9958311401 for any details.

Regards,

Team Swaraj Uni.

--
*Harsh Wardha*
Re-imagining Education and the Good Life
www.jailuniversity.org <http://www.jailuniversity.org>
www.creativityadda.org <http://www.creativityadda.org>
www.hunarshala.org <http://www.hunarshala.org>
www.swaraj.org <http://www.swaraj.org>