[PeDAGoG] A new article on REDWeb - "Five axes of transition" - Imagining "alternatives" for the post pandemic future

Pallav Das dpallav at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 03:42:11 CEST 2022

Friends,

A new article, "Five axes of transition" - Imagining "alternatives" for the
post pandemic future" has been uploaded on REDWeb:

https://radicalecologicaldemocracy.org/five-axes-of-transition-imagining-alternatives-for-the-post-pandemic-future/

At some point in the next year or so, we, as a society, may enter the
endgame of the Covid-19 pandemic. But, are we, in any way, prepared to deal
with the political and economic stresses that will continue to hound us
long after? And, how do we even begin to purge ourselves of the pandemic
induced detritus that clogs the arteries of our socio-psychological
existence? Arturo Escobar, a prominent political-ecologist and an old ally
of the Radical Ecological Democracy website, lays out a strategy - what he
calls the five axes of transition - needed to come out on the other side of
this societal collapse with hope, and to “give impetus to our deepest
yearnings for other worlds and worlds otherwise.”

Please take a look and join the discussion on REDWeb listserv or the
website discussion forum. The author is copied here in case you would like
to contact him directly.

Best,

Pallav