[PeDAGoG] Fwd: [REDlistserve] Wageningen Political Ecology PhD spring school: The Natures of Life and Death: Political Ecologies of Collapse, Transformation and Revival - 3-7 April 2023

Ashish Kothari ashishkothari at riseup.net
Wed Dec 21 11:03:41 CET 2022

This may be of interest,

ashish

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[REDlistserve] Wageningen Political Ecology PhD spring school:
Date: 	Wed, 21 Dec 2022 09:51:32 +0000
From: 	Buscher, Bram <bram.buscher at wur.nl>
To: 	gep-ed at googlegroups.com <gep-ed at googlegroups.com>,
radical_ecological_democracy at googlegroups.com
<radical_ecological_democracy at googlegroups.com>

Dear all,

After a COVID19 hiatus, we are back to organizing our annual Wageningen
Political Ecology PhD school, this year in the European spring from 3-7
April 2023. The theme this year is: /The Natures of Life and Death:
Political Ecologies of Collapse, Transformation and Revival/. We are
very excited that Prof Kate Rigby (Un of Cologne) and Prof Maria Kaika
(Un of Amsterdam) will be giving guest seminars, and together with
fantastic Wageningen University political ecology colleagues deliver an
intensive political ecology deep-dive.

The spring school willgive motivated PhD students the chance to deepen
their knowledge on diverse political ecological approaches to
contemporary environmental crises, strategies for conservation and
environmentalism in response to the crises, and the broader processes of
transformation these are part of.

We hope this message reaches many PhD students. For more information:
https://www.wur.nl/en/activity/the-natures-of-life-and-death-political-ecologies-of-collapse-transformation-and-revival-4-ects.htm.

Best wishes,

Bram

--------------------------------

Prof. Dr. Bram Büscher

Professor and chair, sociology of development and change
<https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/sdc.htm>,
Wageningen University & Research

Visiting Professor, Department of Geography, Environmental Management
and Energy Studies <https://www.uj.ac.za/faculties/science/geography> -
University of Johannesburg

De Leeuwenborch, Hollandseweg 1, 6707 KN Wageningen, Netherlands.

T: +31317482015 E: bram.buscher at wur.nl <mailto:bram.buscher at wur.nl>.

I: http://brambuscher.com <http://brambuscher.com/> /
https://convivialconservation.com/ <https://convivialconservation.com/>
/ https://truthaboutnature.com/ <https://truthaboutnature.com/>

Senior editor Conservation & Society: please consider submitting a
paper! See: https://conservationandsociety.org.in/
<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fconservationandsociety.org.in%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cbram.buscher%40wur.nl%7Cce559d22a19b4803308a08d936cd902f%7C27d137e5761f4dc1af88d26430abb18f%7C0%7C0%7C637601078789785967%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Jb%2FXJ63S61WQxjIbzq%2Fde5v0z1AMrzYhF3R%2F1eids9w%3D&reserved=0>

__

_New books_: The Conservation Revolution: Radical Ideas for Saving
Nature Beyond the Anthropocene
<https://www.versobooks.com/books/3149-the-conservation-revolution> (Verso,
2020, with Robert Fletcher); The Truth about Nature. Environmentalism in
the Era of Post-truth Politics and Platform Capitalism
<https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520371453/the-truth-about-nature>
(University of California Press, 2021)

For recent publications, see: https://brambuscher.com/articles/
<https://brambuscher.com/articles/> and https://brambuscher.com/books
<https://brambuscher.com/books/>

--
To reply to the author of this message, select "reply"; to reply to the
whole list, select "reply to all".