[PeDAGoG] [REDlistserve] A new article on the RED website - "The path to a just and sustainable society"

Hari DK hari.coding at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 15:25:19 CEST 2021

Thank you for the critique Laurence, i appreciate it. To be honest I'll
need to spend some time figuring our what is meant by "relative disparity
between output expansion and toil reduction was due to consumer demand for
what could then be produced..."

Two questions to critics of capitalism in general..

-what of the 'heroic journey' of the individual entrepreneur, who assumes
individual risk in order to bring a project to reality? I know several of
them who are motivated by much, much more than the desire to make a huge
profit. However, the desire of others to make a huge profit provides them
the 'fuel' (risk capital) they need. What about social enterprise that
scales through blended impact and risk capital?

-a practical question - I live in India and am trained as an engineer. The
other day I saw some beautiful projects based on data and artificial
intelligence by some students who were trying to solve practical societal
problems in healthcare and sustainable transportation. Should I tell them
"don't work on these, they are based on the capitalist empire in which you
have no agency'. What is the future of engineering, innovation and
technology - which do have so many positive benefits after all?

Practical questions since I am stuck in the capitalist world and don't have
the luxury of shifting into an alternative (not right now).

Thanks,