[PeDAGoG] [REDlistserve] A new article on the RED website - "The path to a just and sustainable society"

Hari DK hari.coding at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:14:49 CEST 2021

Hi,

Regarding the original article by Ted Trainer...

I'd love to live in one of those eco-communes with the happy backyard
chickens and 2 days of work.. :)

always more questions :P

-would the process of creating communes scale quickly enough (via good
examples and prefiguration) to mitigate the climate crisis? or is that a
secondary objective?

-if the communes don't scale fast enough to avert the climate crisis, then
wouldn't we necessarily need to solve within the system of consumer
capitalism (through climate-tech innovation, initiatives like CDP
<https://www.cdp.net/en> etc).

-is this a model only for the rich countries? what's happening in the poor
ones?

-I'm very interested in how the devolution of consumer capitalist value
chains might occur to the local business models.

Best,

--
Hari Dilip Kumar

*The Sustainability Problemsolver <http://www.haridk.me> | Initiative for