[PeDAGoG] Next Online Discussion on 16th Dec 21, 2 pm GMT

singhvan at rcn.com singhvan at rcn.com
Mon Dec 13 02:39:16 CET 2021

Dear Ashish and All,
I am sorry to miss the Dec. 16 meeting, as my students will be doing an exam at the time. However I have two suggestions of relevance to Working Group 1. There are two free volumes out recently on more radical approaches to climate education that might be of interest.
1) Curriculum and Learning for Climate Action: Toward an SDG 4.7 Roadmap for Systems Change, Eds. Iyengar and Kwauk here [ https://brill.com/view/title/60973 | https://brill.com/view/title/60973 ] . (Full disclosure, I have two chapters in this, including one co-authored with climate physicist Chirag Dhara that critiques the SDGs).
2) Reimagining Science Education in the Anthropocene (multiple editors) [ https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-79622-8 | https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-79622-8 ] I haven't looked at it yet, but it is apparently oriented toward centering Indigenous and other marginalized perspectives.
Thanks! I look forward to reading the meeting notes. All best,
Vandana