[PeDAGoG] Invitation to virtual interactive session | 8 July, 2pm GMT

Massimo De Marchi maximo.demarchi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:02:57 CEST 2020

Dear Ashis, dear Brando, dear all

I gave may feedback from the beginning of this network (February 2020),
then Brandon circulated the new mailing list and suggested to present us
using the Pedagog Pad
https://pad.globaltapestryofalternatives.org/pedagog
I presented myself in the pad, but in five months this network rise up in
the world facing the "cruel pedagogy of virus" (Souza Santos), on the other
side it is not easy to follow a flow of mails among hundred of mails we
receive daily.

I'm a geographer, I started teaching environmental conflicts in the
courses of social geography.

In the pedagogy of geography  learning open air in the real place were
people live are key elements, especially to maintain the curiosity to
discover changes in territories beyond the eras of colonial geographical
discoveries.

At the moment I'm teaching Agroecology, Environmental policies,
Environmental Impact Assessment, Participatory GIS, Environmental conflict
and climate justice.

I coordinated a laboratory about the use of geographical information in
empowerment processes. I coordinated a research group working in
alternative to development and in a construction of a post oil landscape
 but with a strong limitation by neoliberal conditions of work. I'm the
only member with tenure at the university, as associate professor, and all
my group is under very bad work conditions, temporary short contracts, in a
very poor research environment typical of italian Academy.

At the same time I circulated with a mail of 9 of February some ideas for a
international master degree on Climate Change Diversity Cooperation -
Sustainable
Territorial Development - (CDF - STeDe).

I'm from Padova University one of the oldest of the world, we make 800
years in 2022; our university graduated the first woman in the world in
1678 (Elena Lucrezia Cornaro Piscopia in philosophy), we can not just to
remember past but we should accept the challenge to maintain university as
common public good avoiding the neoliberal narration of university far from
reality unable to prepare youth ready to enter the capital machine.

So I'm very happy to see in 5 months of life the growing of this network
and to meet you wednesday 8 of July.

See you soon

Massimo

===================================
Prof. Massimo De Marchi, PhD

Direttore del Master di secondo livello in
GIS science e Sistemi a Pilotaggio Remoto
per la gestione integrata del territorio e delle risorse naturali
http://www.mastergiscience.it/
https://www.facebook.com/MasterGISscience
http://www.dicea.unipd.it/master-GIS-science-droni

Co-director: Programa conjunto en “Políticas de Cambio Climático,
Biodiversidad y Servicios Ecosistémicos", Università di Padova (UNIPD),
Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar (UASB), Quito, Ecuador
https://www.dicea.unipd.it/master-di-primo-livello-internazionale-politicas-de-cambio-climatco-biodiversidad

Responsible of the International Master Degree on
Sustainable Territorial Development - Climate Change Diversity Cooperation
(STeDe - CCD)
Department of Civil Architectural Environmental Engineering, University of
Padova
https://em-stede.eu/

Coordinator research programme on: Climate change, territory, diversity
https://www.dicea.unipd.it/en/en/en/research/research-groups/climate-change-territories-diversity

Director of Laboratory GIScience and Drones 4 Good
https://www.dicea.unipd.it/en/services/laboratories/laboratory-giscience-and-drones-4-good

Professor of Geography (11/B1)
Dip. di Ingegneria Civile, Edile e Ambientale  - Università di Padova
Via Marzolo 9 - 35131 Padova - Italia

tel. ++ 39 049 8275454
mob. (Italia) ++ 39 335 6848539
mob.1 (Ecuador, 2019) ++ 593  0968969718

maximo.demarchi at gmail.com
massimo.de-marchi at unipd.it
massimo.demarchi at dicea.unipd.it

http://www.geoyasuni.org/