[PeDAGoG] Funding query

Britt Baatjes brittbaatjes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 03:51:33 CEST 2020

Greetings to all

My name is Britt Baatjes and I am very pleased to be part of this group.
I live in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa. I work in adult and
community education - I teach, do research, and materials development
mainly booklets in ‘plain language’.

A few of us are starting a non-formal programme to do with the ecological
crisis as part of a new Centre for Alternative Education for Social Action
(for children, youth and adults). The programme intends to pursue, provide
and demonstrate alternative *education for social action* through
participatory action and popular educational practices. The programme
conceptualises and implements social actions based on collective and
critical engagements with communities about the socio-economic problems
experienced as understood from an analysis of the ecological crisis.

I was wondering if anyone in this group can suggest organisations who fund
such programmes? Please message me at brittbaatjes at gmail.com

Many Thanks Britt Baatjes

--
The truth is that many things on which your future health and prosperity
depend are in dire jeopardy: climate stability, the resilience and