[Ginga-argentina] This month’s best new mysteries

Readworthy by BookBub info at bookbub.com
Sat May 3 22:48:24 CEST 2025


Readworthy by BookBub

This Month’s Best New Mysteries



----------------------------------


Shadow of the Solstice by Anne Hillerman

The latest bestseller in the series that inspired AMC’s <I>Dark Winds</I> 


- “Anne Hillerman deserves recognition as one of the finest mystery authors currently working in the genre” (<i>New York Journal of Books</i>)

- Officer Bernadette Manuelito of the Navajo Nation police must monitor rising tensions as a mysterious cult  arrives in small-town New Mexico

- From a <I>New York Times</I> bestselling author known for her atmospheric prose and pacy plotting, described as “a star” by J. A. Jance 


Media Praise: Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3108?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/shadow-of-the-solstice-by-anne-hillerman?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


25 Alive by Maxine Paetro and James Patterson

A homicide detective is shocked to recognize the victim at her latest crime scene


- An iconic series returns with its 25th installment as
Lindsay Boxer discovers the body of her onetime partner — and he’s left a clue behind


- Cowritten by one of the bestselling authors of all time

- <I>Entertainment Weekly</I> raves, “The reader never knows… what might happen. This continues to make the series successful and suspenseful”


Media Praise: Library Journal

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3109?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/25-alive-by-maxine-paetro-and-james-patterson?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


Heartwood by Amity Gaige

Fans of <i>The God of the Woods</i>: Don’t miss the April Read with Jenna pick


- In this “riveting wilderness suspense novel by a novelist at the height of her powers” (Jennifer Egan), the disappearance of a hiker on the Appalachian trail sets off a desperate search

- Elin Hilderbrand raves: “I can’t recall the last time I’ve been so dazzled by a novel”

- Hailed as “the best thriller of 2025” by <I>The Boston Globe</i>, “genius,” by <I>The Washington Post</i>, and “an unforgettable treat from first page to last” by Angie Kim


Media Praise: TODAY Book Club/Read with Jenna, The New York Times/The New York Times Book Review, People, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Indie Next List, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews, Booklist, Literary Hub

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3111?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/heartwood-by-amity-gaige-2025-04-16?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


The Death of Us by Abigail Dean

‘A page-turner <i>par excellence</i>, written with unobtrusive brilliance’ (Stephen King)


- Edward and Isabel’s marriage crumbles after the night a serial killer breaks into their house. Decades later, they must face the full truth of what happened…

- From the author of the <I>New York Times</I> bestselling sensation <I>Girl A</I> 

- “<i>The Death of Us</i> is astonishingly good — Abigail Dean’s the real thing” (Mick Herron, author of <i>Slow Horses</i>)


Media Praise: The Guardian, The Times, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3112?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/the-death-of-us-by-abigail-dean?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


The Maid’s Secret by Nita Prose

Dive into a fan-favorite series beloved by A. J. Finn, Lucy Foley, and Lisa Jewell


- Starring a protagonist Stephen King calls “the most interesting (and endearing) main character in a long time”

- Hotel maid Molly finds her life turned upside down when a priceless heirloom she owns is stolen… Could the key lie in her beloved Gran’s old diary?

- “Wonderful… Energetic and full of heart, this proves that Prose’s series deserves a long run” (<i>Publishers Weekly</i>)


Media Praise: Oprah Daily, Elle, The Boston Globe, Library Reads, Publishers Weekly, BookPage

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3107?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/the-maid-s-secret-by-nita-prose?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


Strangers in Time by David Baldacci

>From a legendary suspense writer as you’ve never seen him before 


- A #1 <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author, described as “one of the all-time best” (Lisa Gardner), takes readers on a thrilling journey to World War II–era London

- A grieving bookstore owner finds his life transformed by two struggling teenagers — but his secrets could put all their lives in danger

- This riveting read was praised by Mitch Albom, Peter James, and Lisa Scottoline, who calls it “a masterpiece of a historical thriller” 


Media Praise: The Times, New York Post, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3113?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/strangers-in-time-by-david-baldacci?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


Vera Wong’s Guide to Snooping (on a Dead Man) by Jesse Q. Sutanto

Vera seems like a convivial tea shop owner — but she’s one of the best sleuths around


- She welcomes her future daughter-in-law into the family by diving headfirst into a deadly personal case…

- Full of “laugh-out-loud antics from the nosy, no-nonsense Vera” (<i>Publishers Weekly</i>)

- Another must-read whodunit from the author of <i>Vera Wong’s Unsolicited Advice for Murderers</i> and <i>Dial A for Aunties</i>


Media Praise: NPR, The Washington Post, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews, Booklist, BookPage

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3347?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/vera-wong-s-guide-to-snooping-on-a-dead-man-by-jesse-q-sutanto?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


Coram House by Bailey Seybolt

A crumbling orphanage reveals its tormented secrets 


- A 50-year-old cold case surrounding a missing boy draws true crime writer Alex to a notorious institution on the banks of Lake Champlain

- Inspired by a harrowing true story

- This atmospheric gothic novel has rave reviews from Flynn Berry, Tracy Sierra, and Clémence Michallon, who said it “kept me guessing until the very last page”


Media Praise: People, Library Journal, Booklist

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3115?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/coram-house-by-bailey-seybolt?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


How to Seal Your Own Fate by Kristen Perrin

A classic English village murder mystery — with a twist


- Two stories converge in this dual-timeline read that features an idyllic English town, a locked-room murder, and a community’s dark secrets 

- From the author of <i>How to Solve Your Own Murder</i>, hailed by Elle Cosimano as “one of the best and most satisfying mysteries I’ve ever read” 

- Fans of Golden Age mysteries, rejoice: This book — part of an ongoing series — is a “perfect choice for readers of Agatha Christie” (<I>Booklist</I>)


Media Praise: Library Reads, Publishers Weekly, Booklist

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3148?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/how-to-seal-your-own-fate-by-kristen-perrin-2024-07-30?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


Ruth Run by Elizabeth Kaufman

Meet ‘American Lisbeth Salander, with swagger for days’ (<i>Oprah Daily</i>)


- Misfit Ruth has made millions by hacking the banking system — but when the feds catch on, can she stay one step ahead as they pursue her in a cross-country chase?

- Already drawing comparisons to <I>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo</I>, this debut introduces an unforgettable new heroine

- <i>Publishers Weekly</I> promises, “The pedal-to-the-medal pacing never lets up. This is impossible to put down”


Media Praise: Oprah Daily, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews

Buy Now:
Amazon
https://r.bookbub.com/et_active_check/3110?affiliate_variant=readworthy-email&mailing_id=108712&promotion_type=readworthy&retailer_id=1&subscriber_id=28036206

Learn More:
https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/books/ruth-run-by-elizabeth-kaufman?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&readworthy_edition_id=334&var=readworthy-email


----------------------------------



You are receiving this email because ginga-argentina at lists.ourproject.org is signed up for updates highlighting the best recent releases from the past month in your categories.

If you'd like to change the type of content you see you can update your preferences here: https://www.bookbub.com/readworthy/settings/categories?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&var=readworthy-email.

If you don't want to receive emails like this, please unsubscribe here: https://www.bookbub.com/settings/email-subscriptions/readworthy?granted_at=2025-05-03&htoken=e051b1e34af396d575a4cf759581d28e131cffec4ad48d64fe122b856a6d6fba&key=28036206&mid=1-108712-28036206&var=readworthy-email

----------------------------------



BookBub · 1 Broadway 14th floor · Cambridge, MA 02142 · United States
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.ourproject.org/pipermail/ginga-argentina/attachments/20250503/8a4c15e2/attachment-0005.html>


More information about the Ginga-argentina mailing list