[Ginga-argentina] Cute Doesn't Win Games

Nike Gift Card Survey NikeGiftCardSurvey at dehorsnod.net
Sun Jun 9 13:37:03 CEST 2013

Get a $25 Nike Gift Card for answering a survey on Nike

http://www.dehorsnod.net/1224/77/154/725/1388.10tt64208537AAF11.php

Unsub- http://www.dehorsnod.net/1224/77/154/725/1388.10tt64208537AAF12.html

 Thursday, April 25, on the Southern Methodist University campus in Dallas,
Texas, four living presidents  Jimmy Carter, No. 39; George H.W. Bush,
No. 41; Bill Clinton, No. 42, and Barack Obama, No. 44
will honor one of their colleagues, George W. Bush, the 43rd president
of the United States, at the dedication of his presidential library.So I
take this occasion to remind my fellow liberal Democrats, many of whom
continue to attack Bush in harsh and personal terms, of three things
about him that I dont think they understand or appreciate.First, while there
were many polices under Bush with which liberal Democrats (myself included)
disagreed  such as tax cuts, the Iraq War and not paying
for either (as well as the Afghan war) with current revenues rather
than borrowed money  there must be a distinction between disagreement and
personal attack.For example, many Democrats still use the lie word in describing
Bushs rationale for the Iraq War  that Saddam Hussein had weapons
of mass destruction. This turned out to be wrong.But Democrats in the
Clinton administration also believed Saddam had WMDs, as did most experts
in the U.S. intelligence community.Our politics have become so poisoned
and our government so dysfunctional precisely because too many people  on
both sides  cant make a distinction between lies and being sincerely
wrong.Second, Bush is known for his brilliant slogan when he first ran
in 2000, describing himself as a compassionat
 WASHINGTON  In a rare move, House Republicans pulled their own health
care bill from the floor Wednesday after failing to secure enough votes
to ensure its passage.The bill offered a lifeline to a main feature
of President Obamas health care overhaul - affordable coverage for people
with pre-existing medical conditions -- after it ran into strong opposition
from both conservatives and Democrats.The legislation is a departure from
past GOP efforts to kill the Affordable Health Care Act outright, and
faced a White House veto threat.Democrats are against it because it would
bail out the struggling program to help those with pre-existing conditions
get insurance by raiding a disease prevention provision the administration
says is essential.Conservative groups also urged Republicans to vote against
it, saying it perpetuated the federal role in health care. Some said
they felt the bill embraced Obamacare.The measure was a pet project of
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia whose office pledged to keep
working on the bill.We had positive conversations today and made good progress,
Cantor spokesman Doug Heye told Fox News later in the day. We
remain focused on stopping the biggest entitlement expansion in a generation.House
Majority Whip Kevin McCarthys office said they had made a lot of
solid progress.There's still work to do and with Members leaving town for
the Bush Library dedication in Texas, we'll continue the conversations after