[Foodforestcycle-organise] Possible sites.

Darren mail at vegburner.co.uk
Wed May 29 16:07:40 CEST 2013

I received a number of responses to my initial emails about the tour
from people with sites who said they would be happy to be visited. I
responded to all of them, saying that I'd be back in touch as it became
clearer when, and where, the tour would run.

I've copied all the responses below.  I've not included emails as this
list is public, but I am more than happy to pass them on to anyone that
wants any.

I think that once a decision on the area for a tour is made it would be
worth also contacting sites in that area on the  forest garden network
listing to see if any are happy to have visits.

http://www.agroforestry.co.uk/fgn2013ver1.pdf

I'm extremely flexible for dates - looking at the responses (below) I
think the south west is looking good for a tour.

Waiting to hear what others think.

Best

Darren

Hi Darren
If you make it as far as Cornwall you are welcome to camp at the new
forest garden being planted here near Penzance. Several others nearby too.
Paul

--------------------------------------

hi

i'd be interested in hosting, i have a 3 yearold forest garden at
embercombe in devon- id have to check with dates and whether its ok with
embercombe, but i think it could work

jessie

-------------------------------------

Hi Darren

What a great idea! I don't know if Wales is on your potential itinerary,
but if it is you might like to visit us at Nannerth Ganol, HQ of Mid
Wales Permaculture Network. We are near Rhayader, about the river Wye,
on the Lon Las Cymru cycle route - very scenic. We have a forest garden
in development within our 1 acre upland site. Space to camp, teaching
space, outdoor cooking and undercover eating area etc.

We did have a party of cyclists once before - the Welsh Youth Forum on
Sustainable Development came here on their trip from Machynlleth to
Cardiff a couple of years ago.

Another place you could consider going in the region would be Primrose
Organic Farm near Hay on Wye - Paul Benham has a forest garden that is
long established, and also interesting market gardening set up, and
camping space.

Roz

--------------------------------

Hi Darren,

This sounds like a great way to combine two of my enthusiasms. I have a
forest
garden site about a year into planting in North Hampshire. I'd be
willing to show
people round, but unfortunately it has no amenities and very little
camping space.
If you get something planned, I'd definitely be keen to join the party
for a few
days, particularly if you expect to be in the Hampshire/Berkshire area.

Regards,

James Allwright

----------------------------------

You would be welcome to stay here in Shropshire
http://www.permaculture.org.uk/people-projects-places/project/pennerley-permaculture-and-forest-garden-plot
there is plenty of room to camp and it would be good to join some of the
ride.

best wishes

Jonj

--------------------------------

Hi Darren,  You would be welcome to stay here.

http://welhealthcommunitycooperative.wordpress.com/

on your journeys, though we dont do exchange only sharing.

additionally we can give you plants to hand on or plant on to your next
destination when you leave.

I shall send details in the next email.

   frank
------------------------------

Hi Darren

I have a FG in Pembrokeshire West Wales, I started planting in 2002 and
haven't finished yet!!Its a 4 acre plot with room for some tents so it
would be possible to accommodate a small party of keen FG cyclists. The
only facility is a compost loo.( its being built on site next
week).There is also a Naturewise community FG just 7 miles away from me
which I am sure would be happy to have some additional helping hands.

You can follow me on my blog at:
http://scytheman-theforestgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

You can find out about the Naturewise FG
here:http://www.naturewise.org.uk/page.cfm?pageid=nw-teifigdn

Finally if your group is interested in traditional woodland management
just another few miles away we have Coppicewood College of which I am
Chair. Have a look here: www.coppicwoodcollege.co.uk Part of my FG is
devoted to firewood production as I have woodfired heating and cooking.
The College has been a brilliant resource for learning the skills
required to achieve this.

This little corner of West Wales is wells served for sustainable living.

Let me know if any of this is of interest.

Regards

Bruce

-------------------------------

Hi Darren
We would be interested. We have a forest garden of just over an acre. We
are out on the coast near Kingsbridge in South Devon & there are other
forest garden sites in South Devon. What would the rough time of the
visit be?
Best wishes
Liz Turner
Trees for Health
www.treesforhealth.org

------------------------------------

Hello Darren,

This sounds like a brilliant idea. We are based just south of Sleaford
in Lincolnshire, at The Inkpot. We are 18 acre permaculture
demonstration site, one the Permaculture Association LAND projects,
practising Regenerative Agriculture and running courses etc. We planted
up a little experimental forest garden this winter that you and a motley
crew of forest gardening cyclists would be very welcome to come and
enjoy. We are set up for happy campers with hot showers and compost
loos, a self catering kitchen etc. I'd be happy to do a workshop on
permaculture or regenerative agricultural methods etc if any of you wanted.

Good luck with the planning,

Hannah x

Hi Darren

Great idea. You are welcome to visit us here in Lancashire. You could
camp on the site but no water or toilets unfortunately.

Chris

www.whalleyhydro.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter: @whalleyhydro

www.whalleyforestgarden.org