[Foodforestcycle-organise] Numbers

James Allwright jamesallwright at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 09:38:42 CEST 2013

Hi Darren,

It looks like you might have a few slack days after the weekend of the 7th
and 8th, though I might be wrong about this. My plan would probably be to
travel on the 11th and meet up with you at Lerryn then stay for the rest
of the tour.

I tried using www.cyclestreets.net to work out some route distances. Assuming
the tour is (Penzance, Lerryn, Kingsbridge, Dartington, Higher Ashton,
Tiverton) then the daily distances are (51-63, 47-53, 14-18, 18-19, 21-23)
respectively. There is a range because the site lets you choose between
direct and more bike-friendly routes. I notice that the last 4 sites are
clustered together, so we could consider leaving tents up in one place and
making one of the visits a day trip using another site as a base. This
would make a 40 mile ride plus visiting a site which seems do-able, though
it is hilly country.

Another thought is whether people are planning to bring small camping
stoves. These are useful but we probably don't all need to have one.

James